Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the operating hours of the SIM library?
- What is My Library Account?
All SIM GE and SUSS students are provided with a
library account . By default, the login
username is your SIM ID/ PI Number and the Date of Birth
is your password – in the format DDMMYYYY.
With your personal Library Account, you can
access the following services:
•Review your loan record, due dates and
•Renew checked out books
•Check for status of book reservations
- What library services will be available to me
after I graduate?
- What do I need to borrow books?
- I am a new student or staff of SIM/SUSS,
how do I borrow books?
- I am a visitor. Is it possible for
me to use your library?
- I cannot log into My Library
Account. I'm prompted with an error message
- I lost my item when
I was in the library. What should I do?
- I lost a library
book. What should I do? How much do I need
- How do I update my
particulars with the SIM library?
- How many books may I borrow at one time?
- What are the library materials that I can
||Can be borrowed
||Cannot be borrowed
|SIM /SUSS Students
Recommended Course Collection (RCC)
Current & bound periodicals
||General Collection only
Current & bound periodicals
- Can a non-student borrow a book from the RCC
or Course Collection?
- What is the loan duration for the library
- How do I search for a book in the library?
- Can I borrow Periodicals from the
- How come I can’t find exam
papers for my course?
Exam papers for SIM GE courses are available at the
website of the university you are currently studying. Visit the
university library website to check how to access the exam papers.
Exam papers for SUSS courses are available at
SUSS Student Portal.
- What is a full text journal article?
- How do I check if the full text of a journal
article is available?
- I can only access an older issue of a
journal online, why?
Our subscription or licensing agreement may not cover the
dates of coverage that you need. The publisher allows us to have
access to the previous issues we have paid for, but not to the
current issues. For instance, some journals which are available to
us through ABI Inform and Business Source Complete are embargoed for
a period of time.
- Why can't I find a certain journal article?
- How do I browse journals by subject or
- Can I connect to e-resources from
Yes, selected online database and e-resources are
accessible both on and off campus. The e-resources should be
accessed via SIM Library webpage.
To login, use your SIM ID/ PI Number as
your login ID and your Date of Birth (in the format ddmmyyyy) as
- How do I differentiate between
a bookand a journal article?
- I am required to search
for newspaper articles. How can I access?
- How do I learn to use
the online databases; and search for e-journals
and e-books available at the library website?
- How do I begin to look
for information using the e-resources?
Can I return my books when the library is closed?
What items can I return through the bookdrop?
All books can be returned through the
bookdrop, with the exception of:
• Audio and Visual materials can only be
returned at the library circulation counter
• Notebooks, iPads, Camcorder and Pocket
Projector can only be returned at the library
Can I renew my loans?
Why can’t I renew an item that is checked out to
- How can I place a reservation for an item(s) that
is/are on loan? How do I know when the reserved item(s) is/are ready for
Can I cancel my hold on a book?
- How can I get a book that the
library does not own?
How much are the overdue fines?
- How do I pay my overdue fines?
How do I access wifi at SIM Libraries?
- Does library extend opening hours pre/during exam
- What are the devices available
for loan in the library?
In addition to the academic resources we also
loan media resources (CDs / DVDs) that are
supportive of the curriculum as well as
electronic gadgets such as Notebooks, iPads,
Camcorder and Pocket Projector.
- Are photocopying services available in the library?
- How do I print a document from a website or thumbdrive
at the library?
- Does the SIM library offer book delivery services?