SharePoint Accordion option using jQuery and css : sample
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the operating hours of the SIM
- What is My Library Account?
All SIM GE and SUSS students are provided
library account . By default, the login
username is your SIM ID/ PI Number and the Date
of Birth is your password – in the format
With your personal Library Account, you can
access the following services:
•Review your loan record, due dates and
•Renew checked out books
•Check for status of book reservations
- What library services will be available
to me after I graduate?
- What do I need to borrow books?
- I am a new student or staff of SIM/SUSS,
how do I borrow books?
- I am a visitor. Is it possible for me to
use your library?
- I cannot log into My Library Account.
I'm prompted with an error message
- I lost my item when I was in the
library. What should I do?
- I lost a library book. What should I do?
How much do I need to pay?
- How do I update my particulars with the
- How many books may I borrow at one time?
- What are the library materials that I can borrow?
||Can be borrowed
||Cannot be borrowed
|SIM /SUSS Students
Recommended Course Collection (RCC)
Current & bound periodicals
||General Collection only
Current & bound periodicals
- Can a non-student borrow a book from the RCC or Course Collection?
- What is the loan duration for the library materials?
- How do I search for a book in the library?
- Can I borrow Periodicals from the library?
- How come I can’t find exam papers for my course?
Exam papers for SIM GE courses are available
at the website of the university you are
currently studying. Visit the university library
website to check how to access the exam papers.
Exam papers for SUSS courses are available at
SUSS Student Portal.
- What is a full text journal article?
- How do I check if the full text of a journal article is available?
- I can only access an older issue of a journal online, why?
Our subscription or licensing agreement may
not cover the dates of coverage that you need.
The publisher allows us to have access to the
previous issues we have paid for, but not to the
current issues. For instance, some journals
which are available to us through ABI Inform and
Business Source Complete are embargoed for a
period of time.
- Why can't I find a certain journal article?
- How do I browse journals by subject or discipline?
- Can I connect to e-resources from off-campus?
Yes, selected online database and e-resources
are accessible both on and off campus. The
e-resources should be accessed via SIM Library
To login, use your SIM ID/ PI Number as
your login ID and your Date of Birth (in the
format ddmmyyyy) as your password.
- How do I differentiate between a bookand a journal article?
- I am required to search for newspaper articles. How can I access?
- How do I learn to use the online databases; and search for e-journals and e-books available at the library website?
- How do I begin to look for information using the e-resources?
Can I return my books when the library
What items can I return through the
All books can be returned through the
bookdrop, with the exception of:
• Audio and Visual materials can only be
returned at the library circulation counter
• Notebooks, iPads and Camcorder can only
be returned at the library circulation counter.
Can I renew my loans?
Why can’t I renew an item that is
checked out to me?
- How can I place a reservation for an
item(s) that is/are on loan? How do I know when the
reserved item(s) is/are ready for collection?
Can I cancel my hold on a book?
- How can I get a book that the library
does not own?
How much are the overdue fines?
- How do I pay my overdue fines?
How do I access wifi at SIM Libraries?
- Does library extend opening hours
pre/during exam period?
- What are the devices available for loan
in the library?
- Are photocopying services available in
- How do I print a document from a website
or thumbdrive at the library?
- Does the SIM library offer book delivery